St. Patrick’s Day is well known for it’s green beer, but what about something more interesting? Why bore your guests with the same old drinks, when you could serve something fun? Whether it’s a Pot of Gold Martini or Irish Coffee with a Twist, these are cocktails that are fun, delicious and very Irish.
Pot of Gold Martini
Imagine a golden martini, shimmering in the glass. It’s a much more elegant idea that a pint of green beer. Best of all, it’s easy to make and your guests will get a kick out of the clever name. Of course, because we’re trying to be authentic, you will need to purchase an Irish whiskey to complete the recipe.
2 ounces Irish whiskey
1 ounce of orange liqueur
- Pour the whiskey and liqueur into a glass filled with ice and stir.
- Strain the drink into a chilled martini glass and serve.
Irish Coffee with a Twist
Depending on where you live in the country, you might still have a bit of cold weather when St. Patrick’s Day arrives. What better way to warm up than a cocktail that is hot and decadent? Of course, no one said you had to use full-fat ingredients in this classic cocktail. Best of all, no one said you had to be traditional.
Fat-free whipped topping
Green food coloring
2 tablespoons fat-free hot fudge sauce
6 ounces of strong, black coffee
1-2 ounces of Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- Color the whipped cream with the green food coloring and place in a piping bag.
- Place the hot fudge sauce in the bottom of a large, clear coffee mug.
- Pour the hot coffee on top of the hot fudge sauce and stir to combine.
- Carefully stir in the liqueur.
- Pipe whipped cream on top of the cocktail and serve immediately.
What would St. Patrick’s Day be without shamrocks? This cocktail features a beautiful, green hue and is sure to be a hit with all your guests.
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce green apple liqueur
- Pour the vodka and green apple liqueur into a glass filled with ice.
- Stir the drink and strain into a chilled martini glass and serve.
There you have it. Three easy to make cocktails that celebrate the luck of the Irish. Whether you want something strong and decadent or something fruity, these cocktails are sure to please.